Friday, January 29, 2010

Nature ...............I should be studying ...........

Ok, I should be studying or doing some of the reading that is due ............. but I happened to look out at the bird feeder and saw a flicker, which we rarely see. Click on the word flicker to read about and hear its call.





So I had to share this book - Bird Songs 250 North American Brids in Song.  It is a great book with the sounds and calls of each bird.
Kids love it!  The cats hate it! We keep it near our large window that looks out onto the feeders, along with binoculars and the camera.  Anyway, I had to share my picture and book.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted this book. I fiddle around with it every time I'm in a bookstore and try to memorize the bird calls. Never works, though!
    have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete