Monday, January 18, 2010

Harriet, You'll Drive Me Wild! by Mem Fox


A must read aloud for all young children. Mem Fox has told a fun, wonderful story about the mischief of a young child and a parent's reaction. The illustrations are great and the repetitive nature of text provides a beginning for reading development. Her stories are numerous and again have wonderful messages. Wilfred Gordon MacDonald Partridge is another story guaranteed to inspire conversation. If you are following the Olympics, check out Koala Lou.
Ms Fox shares Read Aloud tips as well. These are great stories to collect, read and reread.

6 comments:

  1. Mem Fox has such a great writing style. I enjoy all her other stories- especially Koala Lou! Love that one of the characters names is Harriet :)

    Hey, I just heard there was a fire up here in Wilmington on Monday. Apparently it was on Main St and began in the Anchor restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use this book every year in third grade to teach character traits! The kids love this book and are able to relate to the characters in this books, which in turn makes them grasp the comprehension skills of various character traits. One of my all time favorite books!
    Also, My Rotten Red Headed Older Brother is another favorite and good book to teach character traits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments everyone. This is a great book to give as a gift too. I love My Rotten Red Headed............I will have to do a Patricia Polacco post. Miss all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that My Rotten Red Headed Older Brother is a great book to teach character traits! I read many of Patricia Polacco's books during the school year. You can never go wrong with one of them. She is such an amazing author!

    P.S. Sorry about the two deleted comments. My computer was not cooperating.

    ReplyDelete