Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey

http://school.familyeducation.com/literature/childrens-book/34845.html
It's not easy for duck parents to find a safe place to bring up their ducklings, but during a rest stop in Boston's Public Garden, Mr. and Mrs. Mallard think they just might have found the perfect spot. When Mrs. Mallard and her eight ducklings are stuck at a busy street in downtown Boston, their policeman friend Michael rushes in to stop traffic and make way for them.
Many activities to share this wonderful story! An integrated plan found as well.



Check out the sculpture in Boston's Public Garden as well.  Beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. I know I often say that a book is my "favorite" but this is truly one of my favorite books of all time!! I remember as a child my mom reading this story to me. I grew up about an hour away from Boston so this story really hits home.

    ReplyDelete