Thursday, June 10, 2010

Flag Day - June 14 in the United States of America

Book cover for The Flag We Love

Flag Day - June 14

 Pam Ryan tells about her book The Flag We Love 

"The Flag We Love is a picture book on the American flag. It is written in simple poetry with a short facts section on each page. Beginning with the stars and stripes, it depicts the emotions and symbolism associated with the flag. The research was intense but interesting. I have fascinating research slides including every flag planting on the moon. I enjoy showing this book and the slides to teachers and children." 

The cover above is from The Flag We Love by Pam Muñoz Ryan. Text copyright 1996 by Pam Muñoz Ryan, illustrations copyright© 1996 by Ralph Masiello. Used by permission of Charlesbridge Publishing. All rights reserved.

Here's a great Flag Day quest to test your knowledge of the U.S.A. flag.

1 comment:

  1. happy flag day to you too, Pam :) I see "Make Way for Ducklings" down there- one of my all time favorites! Since I was a young girl, I've gone to visit the sculpture in Boston Commons!

    I'm gonna have to look into your tip on a moose book ;)

    ReplyDelete