Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tomie di Paola books

Whenever I am searching for a gift for a child, I can never pass up any of Tomie di Paola's books, so of course I could not select just one title to share with you.  Whether it is a love for a grandparent (check out Nana Upstairs, Nana Downstairs, Tom or Now One Foot, Now the Other), a fondness for drawing (The Art Lesson), legends and folktales (The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush), a new holiday story (Strega Nona or An Early American Christmas) or the stories of Bill and Pete (Bill and Pete Go Down the Nile), his stories and illustrations will be sure to become some of a child's (and your) favorites. He even has coloring pages for readers to share their creativity. All are wonderful read alouds with great opportunities for discussions, sharing and connections.

1 comment:

  1. Bear is well versed in dePaola. Did you know he comes to visit in Weston quite regularly? I'ts bizzarre to "bump" in to him when I remember waiting for over an hour in line to meet him at Kutztown. If you saw the talons I posted last week on my blog, I was totally thinking about "Watch out for chicken feet in your soup" at the time!!!!

    Don't know if I mentioned, the family and I will be in town a bit of next week. We are hoping to drop by the school- I'll keep you posted :)

    ReplyDelete